Discover The Best Cat Litter Boxes: Ultimate Cat Litter Box Comparison Guide!
Cats are without a doubt one of the coolest and relaxed pets to have. So waste management is about the only unpleasant part of cat ownership. A good and appropriate cat litter box can make this unpleasant job a lot easier. BestCatLitterBoxesGuide.com will help you find a cat litter box that fits your cat’s needs.
Included in the matrix are 7 columns:
- Cat litter box brand, name/model and product features (click the Amazon buy button to view more details or to purchase)
- Weight: box weight in pounds
- Price: these are approximate prices on Amazon.com in US $. These change frequently based on availability, special promotions…
- Rating: the average user rating on Amazon.com. Product ratings and customer reviews can be very helpful in deciding if people are satisfied with their purchase.
* The cat litter boxes are ranked by category. Click on any of the columns to sort the data based on your cat’s needs. Because you only want the best cat litter box for your cat(s), I have enlisted the 15 most popular and highest rating cat litter boxes.
How To Find The Best Cat Litter Box
The category is a key aspect when you’re looking for the best cat litter box for your cat(s). As you can see, I have selected the 15 best cat litter boxes on the market and ranked them by category.
Depending on your cat’s needs, you will have to make a choice for the right type of box. Let’s have a look at the pros and cons of each type of cat litter box.
Corner Cat Litter Boxes
A corner box can save you a lot of space.
Well, it’s a corner box, so it fits best in corners only.
Hooded Cat Litter Boxes
- A hooded cat litter box is a great fit for cats that love digging.
- These boxes usually contain odors and keep the urine inside when your cat sprays.
- Big dogs can’t enter the box.
Your cat might not appreciate the odors inside the box. It’s also harder to scoop and clean the box.
Manual Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Boxes
- A self-cleaning cat litter box makes waste disposal a lot easier.
- This box has the same disadvantages as the hooded box.
- Sifting boxes may also not work well with certain types of litter.
- They are usually also more expensive.
I didn’t include automatic self-cleaning litter boxes in the top 15 list because I have specifically dedicated a page to those. You can check them out on this page.
Open Top Cat Litter Boxes
- Open top boxes are usually cheap and give the cat easy access.
- The bigger the box is, the easier it will be for your cat to do its business.
- If the box doesn’t have a high wall, your cat might scatter litter over the side.
- These cat litter boxes are also aesthetically displeasing
- Kids or other pets can get into the litter.
Top Entry Cat Litter Boxes
- Dogs and kids usually can’t get into these types of boxes.
- A top entry box also keeps the litter and urine inside.
- These are great cat litter boxes for older cats or cats with arthritis
- Kittens usually can’t get into the box.
- Harder to scoop than an open-top cat litter box.
Reviews Of The Top 5 Cat Litter Boxes
1. Petco Jumbo Enclosed Litter Box
This enclosed cat litter boxes is the cheapest solution for big cats who like privacy. The transluscant cat litter box hood aids in controlling odors and facilitates safe feeling. Your cat will won’t have any poblem with entering or exiting the box. Its dimensions are 24.5 x 18.8 x 18 inches which is ideal for larger cats. The Petco Jumbo Enclosed Litter Box is without a doubt the best basic litter box you will find and bad customer reviews are simply non-existent.
- Category: hooded
- Price: $16.98
- Why you’d buy it: it’s big, enclosed, cheap (but of a high quality) and very practical; controls oders
- Why you wouldn’t: when you have a cat that doesn’t like enclosed litter boxes
2. Natures Miracle Advanced Hooded Corner Litter Box
Every house or appartment has corner space that is sometimes difficult to fill up. If you’re looking for a great litter box and already know of a corner where you can put it, getting this hooded corner box is definitely to consider. This boxes comes with oder blocking techonlogy and is big enough for larger cats (21 x 24 x 21 inches). If you have enough space for it, these great features will make you choose this box instead of the more basic or smaller litter boxes. Have a look around in the house and take some measurements to see if it would fit before actually making the purchase.
- Category: corner (hooded)
- Why you’d buy it: this box includes odor blocking technology and is big enough for larger cats
- Why you wouldn’t: when you don’t have corner space that is big enough
3. Catit Jumbo Hooded Cat Litter Pan – Warm Grey
Although this handy jumbo size litter box is with its 22 x 17 x 18.3 inches smaller than the boxes above, it’s still making the top 3, mainly because of its carbon filter that keeps odors inside the litter pan. Replacement carbon filters are being sold separately. This second best hooded litter box is a bit more expensive than the Petco Jumbo Enclosed Litter Box. The difference between the two is that you can close the door of the Catit while the Petco has an open door.
- Category: hooded
- Price: $24.95
- Why you’d buy it: enclosed and controls odors
- Why you wouldn’t: you might prefer the Petco (number 1 in the list) because of the price
4. CleverCat Top Entry Litter Box
The CleverCat Top Entry Litter Box is probably one of the most-well known cat litter box brands. Although you might not like how it looks, it’s higly effective in keeping dogs out of the box. The practical designe also reduces odor. Using CleverCat custom heavy-duty liners allows for quick, easy and sanitary litter box changes. The only disadvantage is the price, which is almost twice the price of the other top rated litter boxes. However, it’s well-worth the investment when you also own dogs.
- Category: top-entry
- Price: $38.99
- Why you’d buy it: you have a dog or your cat doesn’t bury its droppings
- Why you wouldn’t: your cat is disabled, elderly or very large
5. Booda Clean Step Litter Box
The Booda Clean Step Litter Box closes the top 5 list because it’s 99% oder free and stylish at the same time. This litter box doesn’t only look a bit special, it also includes all the features of a great litter box. With its 22 x 22 x 21 inches it can accomodate cats of just about every size. This box also includes 1 Booda Clean Step Charcoal Filter and 1 Booda Clean Step Liner. One of the cons seems to be the fact that while the steps should help tracking, some customers report that it’s not the case. The best solution would be to purchase a litter trapping mat.
- Category: hooded
- Price: $29.98
- Why you’d buy it: the Booda Clean Step Litter Box is odor free and big enough for large cats
- Why you wouldn’t: claustrophobic cats won’t like the fact that it’s totally enclosed
Now It’s Up To You
Now that you have seen the options and reviewed our top picks for the best cat litter box on the market, it’s up to you to choose one for your cat(s). On CatLitterBoxesGuide.com I have presented you the best cat litter boxes currently available and I hope it helped you to find one that suits your cat’s needs.
The comparison chart will be updated every time new cat litter box technology and products pop up. If you know of any other great cat litter boxes, please let me know by filling out the contact form on this page or leave a comment below, thank you!
Powered by Facebook Comments